WARNING! This article contains major spoilers!
|“||I can hear it. I can hear the planet.||„|
|~ Aerith Gainsborough|
|“||You worry too much. I'm not some princess who needs to be coddled.||„|
|~ Aerith to Cloud|
Aerith Gainsborough is a playable character and the one of the major characters in Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy VII Remake. She is a recurring character in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII, appearing as a supporting character in Advent Children, Before Crisis and Crisis Core.
She is the last of the Cetra, an ancient race with powerful magical abilities, and so the Shinra Electric Power Company hunts her throughout her life, seeking to exploit her powers.
In Japanese, Aerith is voiced by Chihiro Tanaka as a youth in the Remake, and Maaya Sakamoto in all other speaking roles. In English, Aerith is voiced by Mandy Moore in Kingdom Hearts, Mena Suvari in Kingdom Hearts II and Advent Children, Briana White and Capri Oliver in the Remake as an adult and a youth respectively, and Andrea Bowen in all other speaking roles.
What makes her Pure Good?
- Along with Tifa, in a game where most of the heroes are flawed and morally grey, Aerith is the only other character who is outright selfless and lacks antiheroic qualities.
- Aerith cares for nature as she grows flowers in a church and her home.
- She helped Cloud to reunite with her friends.
- While she is aware of Tifa being Cloud's love interest, rather than being envious, she and Cloud saved Tifa from Don Corneo and his goons. It also proved that she does not obsessively love Cloud, as well as gets along with Tifa.
- Encouraged a doubtful Wedge to keep trying and moving forward.
- She rescued Marlene, Betty, and the rest of Sector 7 before the area's destruction, the former leading to Shinra holding her hostage. She also helped Betty reunite with her father.
- She refused to be corrupted by Professor Hojo. She also calmed an enraged Red XIII before attacking the team.
- In the Remake, she helped Cloud and his team to fight against Sephiroth.
- After her death at the hands of Sephiroth, her lifestream prevented his meteor from destroying the planet.
- While Tifa is Pure Good for trying to save the planet, Aerith stands out for her kindness to children, love of nature, selflessness, and fighting when necessary.
- Aerith, Tifa Lockhart and Celes Chere are the only Pure Goods in the Final Fantasy series.
- Aerith is currently the icon for Spoilers.