Aku Aku is one of the two deuteragonists (alongside Coco Bandicoot) of the Crash Bandicoot series. He is a witch doctor whose spirit lives in a wooden mask who then started currently guiding Crash, his sister Coco, and their friends as they defeat the forces of evil.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- In just about every game, he spreads copies of himself over the Wumpa Islands in crates to provide the Bandicoots with protection against enemy attacks, as well as temporary invulnerability when they break 3 of his crates without taking a hit.
- He helped Crash rescue Tawna from Dr. Neo Cortex.
- He provides invaluable guidance to Crash, Coco and their other occasional allies by often letting them know what's going on and what the best way to proceed is in thwarting whatever evil plot is being hatched.
- He helped Crash stop his brother Uka Uka on multiple occasions.
- He forgave Crunch.
- In Twinsanity, he helped Crash and Dr. Cortex stopped the Evil Twins from taking over the world.
- He helped Crash save Coco and defeat Nina.
- He helped Crash stop Cortex from using Bad Mojo all over the world.
- He and Crash ask Nina for help about Bad Mojo.
- He saved Crash from Dr. Nefarious Tropy's vortex at the beginning of N-Tranced with the last of his power, thereby saving him from being abducted and brainwashed like his friends.
- He clearly cares for the well-being of both the Bandicoots and the world at large. He looks after the former and is like a surrogate father figure to them, and is often the first one to take the initiative to thwart whatever plot Cortex, Uka Uka or anyone else is planning that threatens the Wumpa Islands or the world's wellbeing.
- Despite his history with Uka Uka, he still has little-to-no problem teaming up with him against other threats like the Evil Twins, as shown in Twinsanity.
- He (along with Coco Bandicoot) is one of the only two Pure Goods of the Crash Bandicoot franchise.