Cabba is a minor character in the manga and anime, Dragon Ball Super. He is a Saiyan from Universe 6 who participates in the Tournament of Destroyers, fighting the Prince of Saiyans from Universe 7, Vegeta, and under his tutelage, he becomes a stronger Saiyan more determined to grow in power to protect his family and his home.
In stark contrast to the Saiyans of Universe 7, Cabba presents himself as a humble, respectful and generous individual. He goes out of his way to treat his adversaries with respect, bowing to Vegeta before beginning their fight. Cabba deeply cares for his family and his planet, seeking to get stronger for their sake, to the point of asking Vegeta mid-battle to teach him how to become a Super Saiyan in order to obtain the same incredible strength. Because of the deep love he carries for his home, he became extremely enraged when Vegeta threatened to destroy Planet Sadala, triggering his Super Saiyan transformation, though after Vegeta explained the situation and that he only provoked him to trigger the transformation, he quickly calmed down.
Power and Abilities
Being one of the members of Team Universe 6 and an ace member of the Sadala Army, Cabba is a very powerful warrior. His status as a Saiyan and his extensive training give him incredible strength and combat knowledge. He proved able to fight Vegeta on relatively equal footing in their base forms, though once Vegeta became a Super Saiyan, Cabba was quickly dominated. After being provoked into anger and triggering his Super Saiyan transformation, Cabba managed to fare much better against Vegeta, though the Prince of Saiyans revealed he was still far superior. In the Tournament of Power, Cabba showed remarkable growth, managing to awaken the Super Saiyan 2 transformation, but unfortunately, he proved himself to be grossly outmatched by Frieza, who effortlessly toyed with and eliminated him from the arena.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- Unlike the Saiyans of Universe 7, including Goku, Cabba lacks the ruthlessness, excessive love of fighting, and arrogance that was common among them, and is instead a respectful, humble individual who doesn't overestimate his abilities and commits himself to ensuring peace.
- As a member of the Sadala Army, works as a warrior protecting Planet Sadala and other planets who request their aid.
- Saved the Planet Mayonnai from a group of space pirates alongside Frost (though Frost was the one who led the group of pirates in-secret).
- Expresses shock and disgust when hearing that the Saiyans of Universe 7 were conquerors who took planets from other civilizations.
- Though initially wary of Vegeta after hearing of the Saiyans of Universe 7, becomes amiable with him when Vegeta explains they're no longer conquerors and accepting his request to tell him more about the Saiyans of Universe 6.
- Before his match with Vegeta, bows in respect and states he looks forward to fighting Vegeta.
- During their fight, Cabba once again bows, humbly asking Vegeta to teach him how to become a Super Saiyan to grow stronger and help bring true peace to Universe 6.
- Though he gives in to righteous fury and becomes a Super Saiyan after Vegeta threatens to destroy Planet Sadala, once he understands that Vegeta only provoked him to trigger the Super Saiyan transformation, he quickly calms down and forgives Vegeta for his insults and ruthless demeanor.
- When Vegeta bows before him and tells Cabba to surpass him, tears up and sincerely thanks Vegeta for his kindness.
- Helps give testimony against Frost, exposing his crimes and dethroning him from his seat as Emperor of Universe 6.
- Recruits Caulfila and Kale into the Tournament of Power, teaching them both about the Super Saiyan transformation and helping them grow stronger.
- Chooses to hold Monna off by himself to give Caulifla and Kale enough time to regain their stamina.
- After being resurrected by Super Shenron, assumes Vegeta was responsible for their resurrection and thanks Vegeta.
- Cabba and Android 16 are the only two Dragon Ball heroes to be considered Pure Good, and unlike him, Cabba is not a reformed villain.