The Sandman Will Keep You Awake - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|“||I'm the Captain of the Axiom! We're going home TODAY!||„|
|~ Captain McCrea.|
|“||I don't want to survive. I want to live!||„|
|~ McCrea defying AUTO.|
|“||AUTO! You are relieved of duty!||„|
|~ Captain McCrea before deactivating AUTO.|
Captain McCrea (also known as Captain B. McCrea or simply The Captain) is one of the two tritagonists of the film WALL-E.
He was voiced by Jeff Garlin.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- He was convinced to that there was indeed hope for the Earth, as well as saw what a meaningless existence it would be to keep living the way they were.
- He decided it was their moral obligation/responsibility to be there for their original home and do what they could to restore it to the way it was and capable of being.
- He wasn't doing anything useful at first, but he was able to stand up to AUTO by turning him into manual so he could end his tyranny forever.
- Similar to EVE, he was horrified when AUTO nearly shocked WALL-E to death.
- He gave WALL-E and EVE important instructions on how to get the plant to the holo-detector, which would activate the warp drive that would allow them to get back to Earth. In the meantime, he distracted AUTO by fooling him into believing he had the plant and then wrested for control over the ship.
- He brought everyone back home to Earth where over time, they managed to restore life to it by, among other things, planting seeds, watering them and gradually restoring its vegetation, as well as rebuilding civilization.
- After arriving on Earth and watching EVE speed off to fix WALL-E, McCrea solemnly put his hat against his chest, hoping that the robot would be alright.
- He is the second WALL-E character to be approved as Pure Good (the first being WALL-E).