Chai Xianghua is a character in the Soul Calibur series, serving as the deuteragonist in the second gameSoul Calibur. She is a member of the Chinese Imperial Guard who was hired to locate the so-called hero's sword Soul Edge, only to later learn that the sword was in fact evil and manipulative.
Alongside her allies Kilik and Maxi, the three of them travel to Ostrinsburg Castle, where Xianghua uses her mother's sword, which is revealed to be Soul Calibur, to defeat Nightmare and his true form Inferno.
She is voiced by Aya Hisakawa, Ryoko Shintani and Aya Suzaki in the Japanese version, and by Wendee Lee in the English version.
What makes her Pure Good?
- She is optimistic, and unwilling to give up in battle.
- She cares deeply about her friends' lives, most notably Kilik, whom she later falls in love with.
- She trapped Soul Edge in the Astral Chaos, thus preventing a second seed from occurring and saving billions of lives across the globe.
- She saved Kilik's life twice: Once in Soul Calibur when he was incapacitated by Nightmare/Inferno, and again in Soul Calibur III, when he was severely injured by Zasalamel (who was a villain at the time).
- She also saved her son's life when she refused to obey her grandfather's orders to kill him just to bring honor to her family.