|“||Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.||„|
|~ Dorothy's famous catchphrase, upon her arrival in Oz.|
Dorothy Gale is the main protagonist of the 1939 live action fantasy movie, The Wizard of Oz. She a young, beautiful, adventurous, kind hearted farm girl from Kansas who lives with her Aunt Em and Uncle Henry. When she and her dog, Toto are swept up in a tornado, they are sent to the magical Land of Oz. She embarks on a quest to find the local Wizard to help her get home. Along the way, she befriends the Scarecrow, Tin Woodman and Cowardly Lion, who join her. They overcome many challenges and dangers, including the villainous Wicked Witch of the West, who wants the Ruby Slippers Dorothy got from her late sister.
She is portrayed by the late Judy Garland in the 1939 adaptation of The Wizard of Oz and Fairuza Balk in Return to Oz.
What makes her Pure Good?
- She cares about her friends and family, especially her dog, Toto.
- She is very protective of Toto and tried to keep him from being taken away by Miss Gulch.
- She didn’t mean to kill the Wicked Witches, even though they were merely accidents.
- She stood up to Miss Gulch and the Wicked Witch to defend her friends.
- She slapped the Cowardly Lion, but it was only for threatening her friends and Toto.
- She realized that running away made her aunt worried and sick and realizes that her family does care about her.
- She saved the Scarecrow from being burned to death.
- She unknowingly freed the Winkie Guards and Flying Monkeys from slavery after killing the Wicked Witch of the West.
- She rescues the Scarecrow, Jack, and the Gump from being turned into green objects.
- When she puts on her ruby slippers, she wished for the group to be returned to a restored Emerald City.
- She saved the Land of Oz from both the Wicked Witch of the West and the Nome King.