|“||First Spinjitzu Master: Hello, Lloyd. Do you like my dragon?
Lloyd: You...You’re the First Spinjitzu Master.
First Spinjitzu Master: No, no, please no kneeling. You have done so much for Ninjago, if anyone should kneel, it should be I.
|~ Lloyd meeting the First Spinjitzu Master for the first time.|
The First Spinjitzu Master is the posthumous overarching protagonist of the Ninjago franchise. He is a powerful entity descended from the Oni and Dragon races who created the legendary martial art form Spinjitzu and the land of Ninjago itself using the powerful golden weapons, and protected Ninjago and the golden weapons for thousands of years before his death. He was the father of both Master Wu and Garmadon, as well as the grandfather of Lloyd, whose presence continues to influence the series despite having died long ago. He is the archenemy of the Overlord.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- Even as a child, he was far more mature than his people, the Oni or Dragons, knowing that their powers of creation and destruction could not exist without the other and refusing to help either side in their conflict destroy the other.
- He befriended the mother of all dragons called the Firstbourne and forged the Dragon Armor using her fire, riding on her to go and repeatedly try to reason with both the Oni and Dragons to stop their war and instead unite the realm in peace. He only left the realm after realizing that the Oni and Dragons couldn’t be reasoned with to end their conflict, taking off the Dragon Armor and going to find a new home.
- He created the Realm Crystal to travel across the realms, visiting each one and escaping from being trapped in the Never-Realm.
- He arrived in a world consisting of an Endless Sea and terrorized by the sea serpent Wojira, leading the native Merlopian and Keeper races in battling Wojira, and after the first elemental master of water Nyad sacrificed herself to defeat Wojira by prying the two amulets powering Wojira from her head, he stayed in this world, made it his new home and gave the storm amulet to the Keepers and the wave amulet to the Merlopian to safeguard, protecting the world from Wojira’s wrath for thousands of years.
- He invented the legendary martial arts form known as Spinjitzu and forged the powerful golden weapons to harness the power of the elements.
- He created Ninjago itself using the golden weapons and created the underground snake-like race called the Serpentine.
- He defeated the Overlord to save Ninjago, destroying the Overlord’s physical body and imprisoning his spirit on the Dark Island and imprisoning the Stone Army in an indestructible tomb beneath Ninjago along with hiding his golden armor on the Temple of Light for his successor to find and use to defeat the Overlord shall he return.
- He endowed his elemental powers to a group of people to serve as guardians of that power and ensure their descendants would carry on that responsibility.
- He fostered peace between humanity and the Serpentine for millennia.
- He fathered two sons, Garmadon and Wu, training the boys to master Spinjitzu and be the legendary elemental masters they would become.
- He hid the Scrolls of Forbidden Spinjitzu after Wu and Garmadon stole them to stop the war they nearly accidentally started, recognizing their power was too corruptive for anyone to behold.
- He found a wounded Garmadon after he had been bitten by the Great Devourer, caring for Garmadon and trying to heal him, not getting angry when Garmadon lashed out at him.
- He constructed his tomb at the bottom of the Endless Sea to not only serve as his final resting place, but also as a sanctuary for the Realm Crystal to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands and protecting it with traps that only a Spinjitzu Master could traverse with the Sword of Sanctuary from the Cloud Kingdom, and inscribing three clues to the tomb on his staff for his sons to inherit.
- In his final moments, he made Garmadon and Wu promise to protect the golden weapons from those who sought its powers for evil and sealed himself in his tomb and peacefully dying with the Realm Crystal.
- After Lloyd united the ninja, Wu and Garmadon to defeat the Oni, he posthumously summoned Lloyd through a vision to thank him for everything he had done to protect Ninjago and even kneeled before him out of respect before offering Lloyd to come with him to a secret place where he would be happy or going back to resume his Green Ninja duties, respecting his choice of the latter and bringing him back to Ninjago.
- He is one of the five Ninjago heroes (alongside Lloyd Garmadon, Master Wu, Zane and P.I.X.A.L.) to be Pure Good.
- Out of them, he is also the only one to have never been a villain or controlled by one.
- He, Robin, Master Wu, Lloyd Garmadon, Zane, P.I.X.A.L., Emmet Brickowski, Hudson Harper and Batgirl are the nine characters from the LEGO franchise who are considered Pure Good.