This Pure Good was headlined on March, 2022.
WARNING! This article contains major spoilers!
|“||Way to go, superstar! I knew you could do it.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy praising Gregory.|
|“||You should be able to escape when the security doors open at 6 AM. Until then, keep moving and try not to draw attention to yourself. If there is another way out, I will help you find it. I promise.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy promising to protect Gregory at all costs.|
|“||I know what this is. I have been here before. She brought me here. I found myself for the first time when I cleared the path. I did not want to, but I had no choice. Now I have a choice. I have changed. My friends are here. They are so angry… confused… but I can protect you. I... am not... me.||„|
|~ Glamrock Freddy to Gregory before the two confront Burntrap.|
Glamrock Freddy is the titular deuteragonist of the 2021 horror video game Five Nights at Freddy's: Security Breach.
He is the mascot and star animatronic of Freddy Fazbear's Mega PizzaPlex. The only animatronic that wasn't hacked by Vanny to follow her orders, when the young Gregory is trapped at the PizzaPlex overnight, he decides to help the child no matter what.
He is voiced by Kellen Goff.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- Unlike most Freddy counterparts who are villainous and vengeful, this version of Freddy is selfless, kind, and does anything to protect people.
- Despite being a robot, he has a full moral agency and personality, as his AI is advanced enough to have human-level sapience and defies the rules of the PizzaPlex and his fellow robots to help Gregory.
- His entire life revolves around making children happy and entertaining them.
- Throughout the entire game, he helps Gregory no matter what, telling him what to do and how to avoid his brainwashed friends.
- When he hears that Gregory may have injured, Glamrock Freddy takes him to the first-aid station to see if he's okay.
- It's been established he is/was very good friends with DJ Music Man and the deceased Glamrock Bonnie, telling Gregory to say hi to the former as he is a "nice fellow", and making it clear that he misses Bonnie.
- Despite the fact that his friends are trying to kill Gregory, a child, it's been made clear he cares for them very much and tries to defend them, claiming something must have happened to them to behave like this. He even acts like this towards Montgomery Gator, despite the fact that he is a replacement for Glamrock Bonnie, who he deeply misses. What's worth to note is the implications that Monty killed Bonnie to take his spot and tries to do the same to Freddy, although it's very likely that Freddy isn't even aware of this.
- When Gregory upgrades him using the destroyed and ripped out parts of Glamrock Chica and Roxanne Wolf, he's shocked and asks Gregory if they are okay. Despite this, he still doesn't hold a grudge against Gregory and keeps helping him.
- If Gregory tries to go into Fazerblast with Glamrock Freddy, he will say that he can't since it's cheating, which is something he doesn't like and was programmed not do to, showing his good sportsmanship.
- Even if it isn't his fault, he still apologizes to Gregory if something goes wrong.
- When the duo survives until 6 AM, Glamrock Freddy keeps his word and allows Gregory to escape the PizzaPlex. That said, the player has to choose to stay in the PizzaPlex to gain a different ending.
- When Burntrap starts brainwashing him in the True Ending, he tries to resist it to avoid killing Gregory and warning him about Chica, Roxy and Monty. He then escapes the PizzaPlex alongside him so he won't be alone.
- While he does set the PizzaPlex on fire in one of the endings with his brainwashed friends inside, he only did it to save his and Gregory's lives, and to stop Vanny and Burntrap from killing even more children within the pizzeria. It is possible that he saw it as the only way to stop the murders from occurring.
- While he can kill Gregory, he's never in control of himself when it happens, malfunctioning, being forced to follow his programming, or outright being hacked by Burntrap.
- In one of the non-canon endings, he either kills Vanny himself by pushing her and himself off the PizzaPlex rooftop, or orders Gregory to do it himself by making the S.T.A.F.F. Bots turn against Vanny and rip her apart. However, in the first case, it was a last-second heroic sacrifice as Vanny was moments away from murdering Gregory. In the second one, it was also the only choice left available, as Freddy was currently being ripped apart himself with no one left to defend Gregory, and Vanny was still a dangerous serial killer with nine kills to her name, even if she is a villain by proxy.
- He meets the game series' Admirable Standard due to having lower resources while dealing with lower stakes than the other heroes. He's also one of the few characters that is confirmed to be a full-on hero. While Michael Afton might match up to him given that he apparently tried setting his father's victims free, it was only implied, and his only confirmed heroic act is trying to save his sister.
- While he does apologize to Gregory for getting a Mr. Hippo magnet, it might be because it's Gregory who hates Mr. Hippo and tries to cheer him up. Given that Mr. Hippo becomes a physical animatronic in only one ending, Freddy has no true reason for disliking him as they've never met.
- Despite most of the characters in the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise being morally grey and/or are mainly vengeful, he stands out by not having any of those corrupting qualities.
- Excluding fanon characters, Glamrock Freddy is the only Five Nights at Freddy's hero to be Pure Good (considering that he's an animatronic, which are very antagonistic in the franchise, that's saying a lot). Ironically, he can be controlled by William Afton/Glitchtrap, who is the only official Five Nights at Freddy's Pure Evil.
- By extension, he is also the only version of Freddy Fazbear to be Pure Good, which is also ironic considering the fact that most of Freddy's incarnations are villainous.
- Many fans have theorized that Glamrock Freddy is haunted by the soul of Michael Afton. If that would be true, then this would make Michael a Pure Good character too, as this proves him that he's a full-on hero and allows him to exit the Grey Zone.
- Even if Michael does turn out to be the Big Brother from Five Nights at Freddy's 4, as heavily implied throughout various media, it won't change his status as he felt incredible remorse over his actions and doesn't display his corrupting qualities in later entries.
- Glamrock Freddy is the second animatronic who intends to be an ally for the player/protagonist, the first being Circus Baby in Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location.
- However, at the end of Sister Location, it's revealed that Circus Baby was manipulating Michael Afton and temporarily kills him, while Glamrock Freddy never even makes an attempt to kill Gregory (at least voluntarily).