Hinata Hyūga is a supporting character in Naruto. As a child she was one of the few who was sympathetic of Naruto and liked him. Unlike most people who hated Naruto as a child because of the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox, Hinata genuinely cared about Naruto and wanted to help him and be by his side.
She is voiced by Nana Mizuki in Japanese and by Stephanie Sheh in English.
As a child and teenager, she is shown to be soft-spoken and friendly. Unlike most people in the Hidden Leaf Village who hated Naruto for the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox spirit inside him, she genuinely liked him. Over time, she held a crush on Naruto and wanted to help him. During the Pain Invasion, she was willing to put herself in danger to fight Pain by herself to rescue Naruto. During the Fourth Ninja War, she tried to help Naruto break out of despairing after Obito murdered Neji. As an adult with Naruto's children, she is shown to be supportive to her family.
What Makes her Pure Good?
- Unlike most people who despised Naruto for the Nine-Tails inside of him, Hinata was sympathetic of him and wanted to help him, being the first person to actually have faith in him, even before Iruka.
- Hinata is shown to be supportive in her group.
- During the written phase of the Chūnin Exams, she offered Naruto to copy off her exam and help him to pass (even though she knew she might be disqualified by doing so).
- When Naruto was unsure of himself when preparing to fight Neji, Hinata gave him emotional support and made him realize his strength of perseverance, returning Naruto to high spirits.
- She is not resentful of her father or Neji for the way they treated her in the past or how Neji nearly killed her during the Chunin Exams.
- Hinata put her life on the line to try and save Naruto from Pain during Pain’s invasion, being the only one to act despite knowing the enormous gap in power between them, confessing her love to Naruto and willingness to die so long as she was protecting Naruto.
- During the war, she attempts to sacrifice herself to shield Naruto from the Ten-Tails' projectiles, and when Neji shields her, she is mortified, tearfully placing her hand on his cheek as he passes away.
- Hinata encourages and rescues Naruto from his despair after Obito killed Neji.
- She doesn't allow her love of Naruto to shift into jealousy, and despite being saddened when believing Naruto had found someone to love and who made him a scarf, she was happy for him.
- When her sister Hanabi is captured by Toneri, she specifically requests to go on the team sent to rescue her.
- She goes with Toneri to the moon to rescue Hanabi, sacrificing her chance of happiness with Naruto by lying that she wanted to be with Toneri after Naruto had just reciprocated her feelings of love.
- She attempts to reason with Toneri that Hamura never wanted him to destroy the Earth.
- While imprisoned by Toneri, she sheds a tear over having "betrayed" Naruto.
- After Hinata is released from Toneri's control, she apologizes to Naruto for her earlier behavior.
- She rescues Hanabi and takes back her eyes from Toneri.
- She forgives Toneri for kidnapping her sister, threatening the Earth, and hypnotizing her to force her into a marriage.
- She is a nurturing and caring mother that supports her family, namely her daughter, Himawari, and her son, Boruto.
- Hinata welcomes Kawaki into her house after Naruto allows him to live in their household. She treats him no differently than she treats her own children and tries to make him feel welcome despite Kawaki's cynical and cold attitude.
- Hinata lacks the corrupting qualities that other heroes have.
|Naruto Pure Goods|