The Iron Giant is the titular deuteragonist of the 1999 animated film of the same name and appeared to have a cameo in the 2018 film Ready Player One and in the 2021 film Space Jam: A New Legacy.
He is a genial 50-foot tall autonomous robot from another world that crash lands on Earth before becoming friends with a young boy named Hogarth who rescues him from his own internal defensive mechanism.
He is voiced by Vin Diesel.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- He has genuine free will, despite being made as a weapon by extraterrestrials.
- He ultimately chose to be benevolent when he learned the concept of morality from Hogarth.
- He chose good out of will and is a very benevolent ruler.
- He was willing to protect all life forms.
- He felt remorse for almost killing Hogarth.
- Despite him knowing he'll be exposed, he saved two boys from falling over a roof.
- When Kent attempted to escape Rockwell to live, he stopped him from leaving.
- He saved the Town of Rockwell from the nuclear missile by sacrificing himself.
[[Category:Cartoon Pure Goods]