|“||"How my heart resonates! I'm pulsing with heat and life! My very blood is a symphony within me! SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"||„|
|~ Jonathan resonating with Hamon while defeating Bruford|
Jonathan Joestar is the overarching protagonist of the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure franchise, serving as the main protagonist of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood.
Jonathan is a true gentleman at heart, willing to do whatever it takes for the people he cares about and acting to defend the innocent from evil. He possesses a strong will and determination to vanquish evil around him; despite this, he is still capable of seeing the good in his villains. This bravery and compassion allows him to leave an impact on the people around him and inspire them to join his cause. Though he attempted to stop Dio's plans, he still cares about him deeply and even shed tears for Dio upon his death.
Powers and Abilities
Jonathan is a super strong and powerful muscular man whose strength allows him. to easily overpower regular individuals and withstand knife attacks without flinching. He also possesses a sharp mind and keen intuition (that allow him to formulate plans and create strategies to counter his enemies) His physical abilities and fighting skills only increased after he learned Hamon from William Zeppili. Using this energy in conjunction with hand-to-hand combat and intellect have allowed him to highhandedly contend with powerful, immortal vampires and even overpower them.
What makes him Pure Good?
- Saves Erina Pendleton from two bullies despite knowing he didn't stand a chance.
- Attempts to befriend Dio and give him the benefit of the doubt with his initial behavior before Dio openly mocks and criticizes Jonathan.
- When fighting Robert Speedwagon and his thugs, he chooses not to kill them to spare their loved ones pain. This inspires Speedwagon to spare Jonathan and actually help him, redeeming Speedwagon in the process.
- Saves his father George Joestar from being poisoned by Dio Brando while forgiving him for the way his father treated him in the past.
- During his fight with Dio, he saves Speedwagon from being killed by the latter and tried to give his life to stop Dio.
- Goes on a journey alongside Zeppeli and Speedwagon to stop Dio and avenge the people that Dio killed.
- Remains calm when a young boy named Poco steals their money, merely wanting to talk to him to have a guide for the land, then saves him when he's about to fatally fall.
- When fighting Bruford, upon seeings his determination and how he fought against his pain, he purposefully let Bruford attack him. This act of trust touched Bruford and redeemed him, allowing him to return to the afterlife in peace.
- Defeats Tarkus, avenging the death of Zeppeli and holding his teacher in his arms as he dies.
- Saves Poco from being killed by a zombie.
- He saves Poco's sister when she was about to be killed by one of Dio's zombies.
- Vanquishes Dio's army of zombies along with his allies.
- Singlehandedly defeats Dio and put an end to his plans of conquest, saving Windknight's Lot, London, and perhaps the entire world.
- Sheds tears when Dio is dying, showing that he still loved him in spite of his horrendous crimes and all the people he killed.
- Convinces Erina Pendleton to save Lisa-Lisa instead of dying alongside Jonathan. By doing this, not only did he save Erina and Lisa-Lisa, but unknowingly saved the life of their unborn child. Lisa Lisa would prove to be vital in the defeat of Kars and the Pillar Men.
- Embraces Dio as the two of them sink together in the ocean, forgiving Dio for all of his actions.
- Unlike other JoJos, who are either jerks, anti-heroic, arrogant, or all of the above, Jonathan has none of those corrupting factors, while he used to be brutal, careless, and even enraged when finding out Dio attacked Erina by forcefully kissing her and violently attacked him, he threw all of those corrupting qualities aside and became a better person.
- While Jonathan has completely serious moments, he always keeps the story/mood lighthearted and is enjoyable that way.
- Jonathan is the only JoJo to be Pure Good.