This article pertains to a Pure Good with more than one version who is Pure Good!
Kara Zor-El, known on Earth as Kara Danvers, was the overall tritagonist of the Pre-Crisis Saga of Arrowverse and the protagonist of the 2015 TV series, Supergirl. After her series was adopted by The CW, she has done appearances in The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. She has become the overall deuteragonist of the Arrowverse of the Post-Crisis Saga and beyond (after The Flash).
She is portrayed by Melissa Benoist, Malina Weissman as her younger self in Season 1 and 2, and Izabela Vidovic as her younger self from Season 3 to present.
Kara is a young Kryptonian and Superman's biological cousin. She was to sent to Earth to look after Kal-El but as her and her cousin's home planet exploded, Kara was sent into the Phantom zone for twenty four years without being aged. When her pod is found in Earth, Kal-El, now known as Superman puts her in the care of Eliza and Jeremiah Danvers. Twelve years later, Kara Danvers has lived in National City and became Cat Grant's secretary for a long time.
Kara is kind, caring, selfless, intelligent, courageous, and has a sense of justice, honor and good morals. However, when she makes mistakes, she feels guilt and remorse for her actions. Due to her being a new superhero, Kara unfortunately does not have the confidence that her cousin Kal-El possesses. She is also short-tempered and sometimes lets her emotions get the better of her.
When Kara was thirteen years old, she was sent to Earth from the dying planet of Krypton, charged with protecting her baby cousin Kal-El. Her mother told her that due to Earth's yellow sun, she'd have extraordinary powers and go on to do amazing things.
However, when Krypton exploded, Kara's ship was knocked off course by the shock wave, pushing it into the Phantom Zone. She slept there for 24 years until she awoke and noticed computer console in her dashboard that lights up with a logo with three dots in a triangular shape, before Fort Rozz's engines activated.
Kara's pod finally landed on Earth. Since time doesn't pass in the Phantom Zone, she still looked like a 13-year-old girl. She was found by her cousin Kal-El, who had already grown up and become Superman. Kal-El sent her to live with Jeremiah and Eliza Danvers, a pair of scientists who once helped him understand his own abilities.
Later, when she became an adult, Kara worked at CatCo Worldwide Media, intially as Cat Grant's personal assistant and later as a reporter. In addition, she became the superheroine named Supergirl and worked alongside her adoptive sister Alex Danvers at a government organization called the D.E.O. (Department of Extra-Normal Operations).
What makes her Pure Good?
- Protected her baby cousin Kal-El from danger when travelling to Earth.
- Accustomed to living with the Danvers after arriving at Earth.
- Covered numerous articles for the sake of the truth.
- Risked her identity to save a crashing airplane where her sister was also on.
- Stopped the alien criminals from Fort Rozz who escaped from the Phantom Zone.
- Tried to spare her aunt Astra and gave her a chance to back down.
- Appealed to Knox to make him deactivate the bomb.
- Kara talked a robber out of committing crime when she lost her powers.
- After Kara regained her powers, she saved a bus full of children from falling off a bridge, and stopped a fire at West City National Bank from spreading.
- Rejected Astra's offer to join her criminal organization and tried to stop them.
- Forgave Alex for killing Astra after she admitted to killing her to save J'onn.
- Worked with Cat Grant, Maxwell Lord and J'onn to make a speech to bring hope to the people in National City after they get affected by Myriad.
- Motivated Mon-El to become more heroic.
- Stopped Rhea from brainwashing Earth into New Daxam.
- Helped the Paragons to stop the Anti-Monitor from razing the Multiverse.
- Tried to make peace with Lex Luthor, despite everything he had done.
- In the 100th episode of the show, after making many failed attempts to fix her friendship with Lena, Kara decided she should accept her choices and mistakes she made.
- Although she threaten to treat her like a villain and refused to give her pity, this is fully justified as she was calling her out over using her pain of Kara hiding her identity from her as an excuse to harm others, and for how weak her tragedy was at that point.
- Stopped the nukes launched by Nxyly.
- Kara, alongside Barry Allen and Mon-El are the only Arrowverse Pure Goods.
- Her, alongside the Injustice incarnation are the only versions of Supergirl to be Pure Good.