Kovu is the deuteragonist of the 1998 film The Lion King II: Simba's Pride and a guest character in its 2016 midquel series The Lion Guard. He is the adopted son of Zira, Nuka and Vitani's adopted brother, Simba and Nala's son-in-law, Kiara's best friend and husband, and Kion's brother-in-law.
He was voiced by Ryan O'Donohue as a cub and Jason Marsden as an adolescent (Gene Miller, singing) in the movie and The Lion Guard.
Kovu is noted by many to bear a strong resemblance to Scar, though it is a coincidence. His fur is auburn, and his muzzle, paws, and underbelly are all creamy brown in color. He sports a dark brown head tuft and also sports tufts of fur on his elbow joints that match the color of his head tuft and tail tip. His dark eyeshades mirror those of his siblings, but his emerald green eyes match no member of his family's.
As an adolescent, Kovu's mane is colored a very rich dark brown and matches the dark shades of his elbow tufts and tail tip. He later gets a scar across his left eye identical to Scar's that is inflicted by Zira.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Kovu's Synopsis on the Heroes Wiki.
What makes him Pure Good?
- Unlike the other Outsiders, he is the only one who isn't hostile towards others.
- He had no intention of being a part of Zira's plans.
- He wanted to befriend a lion from a different pride.
- Despite the hostility from the Pridelanders, he doesn't held a grudge on them.
- Alongside Kiara, Kovu puts an end to the feud between the Outsiders and the Pridelanders.
- Despite having only just met Kiara as a cub, her being from an enemy pride, and being somewhat arrogant, the second they run into the crocs, he immediately uses himself as a distraction so she can get to safety.
- Although Kovu used to be cocky and somewhat arrogant when he was a cub, he gets over with it as he grew up.
- Despite Simba being outright hostile to him and threatening him with violence throughout the film, Kovu attempts to help Simba during the Outsider ambush.
- Despite being aware of Nuka's jealousy and envy towards him, Kovu repeatedly defends his adopted brother from Zira's wrath, despite being slightly scared of his adopted mother.
- Simba repeatedly threatens him with violence after the Outsider ambush and attempts to execute him, though later he settles on exiling him. Despite this, Kovu, despite being scared, waits, poised to accept the verdict.
- Despite Simba's overwhelming antagonism and violent threats towards him, Kovu, despite being uncertain, still goes back with Kiara to reunite the prides. Later, Kovu forgives Simba for unfairly banishing him and repeatedly threatening him with violence.
- Kovu at the Heroes wiki
- Kovu at the Disney wiki
- Kovu at the Lion King wiki
- Kovu at the Lion Guard wiki
Books and Manga