Lotte Jansson is one of the main protagonists of Little Witch Academia.
She is voiced by Fumiko Orikasa in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Stephanie Sheh in the English version of the anime, who played Hinata Hyūga from Naruto, Orihime Inoue from Bleach, Mikan Tsumiki in Danganronpa and Zhu Li from The Legend of Korra.
Lotte is a witch from Finland and Atsuko "Akko" Kagari and Sucy Manbavaran's classmate after the three of them enrolled in Luna Nova Academy.
What Makes Her Pure Good?
- Compared to Akko and Sucy who have more abrasive and assertive personalities, she is much more calm and collected, and has the tendency to be the most considerate and selfless of the trio.
- During Little Witch Academia: The Enchanted Parade, when the awakened Titan's angry spirits appear and attempt to devour Akko and Sucy, she appears and saves them using her ancestor's ancient song. After pacifying them all, she gives Akko a hand-made Shiny Chariot hat. As a result, Akko tearfully apologizes for her selfish behavior earlier, which Lotte accepts immediately and expresses her admiration for Akko's passion before forming Shiny Ballista with Akko and Sucy and pacifying another rampaging Titan.
- On the first day of school at Luna Nova, she agreed to give Akko a ride to the school on her broomstick in spite of her already running late to the first day of school herself.
- In "Yesterday", Lotte breaks down into tears upon the thought of Akko leaving Luna Nova.
- During the series finale, Tree of Leaves, she accompanies Akko and the others in their journey of stopping the magical missile.
- She is one of the two Little Witch Academia heroes to be pure good, the other of which being Ursula Callistis as well as the only Studio Trigger heroes as a whole to be so.