|“||Trying to save things we love breeds war. As long as love exists, there will be hatred, and ninjas will continue being used by that hatred. As long as the ninja system exists, the hatred will create another creature like Pain.||„|
|~ Minato trying to convince Naruto Uzumaki to forgive Pain|
Minato Namikaze is one of the main supporting characters in Naruto. He is the Fourth Hokage of the Hidden Leaf Village. He is also the husband of Kushina Uzumaki, and the father of Naruto Uzumaki.
He is voiced by Toshiyuki Morikawa in the Japanese version who has also played Julius Novachrono, and by Tony Oliver in the English version.
Minato is a very dedicated, compassionate man who only wants the best for his village and his family. He holds a deep love for Kushina, having fallen in love with her in their youth due to her red hair and fiery disposition. He is a very respectful to others and humble about his abilities, never bragging about his power or status to others. He also does not hold grudges towards others, as he held no hatred for Obito for killing both him and Kushina, instead choosing to place responsibility on himself for not recognizing him when they first encountered each other as enemies.
Power and Abilities
As the Fourth Hokage, Minato is regarded as one of the most powerful shinobi to have ever lived. His remarkable talent and skills are the reason that Hiruzen chose him as his successor. During the Third Shinobi World War, Minato was feared by many enemy villages and was one of the key factors in the victory of the Hidden Leaf Village. He developed several powerful jutsu, such as the Rasengan and the Flying Thunder God. When he was resurrected during the Fourth Shinobi World War, he was able to make use of Kurama's power and utilized it to defeat Obito.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- During his childhood, singlehandedly saved Kushina from the Hidden Cloud Village, later confessing his admiration of her strength and red hair, something no one else in her class appreciated.
- He served as a mentor to his three-man team, Kakashi, Obito and Rin, guiding them and teaching them about the importance of teamwork.
- Though he did kill people during the Third Shinobi World War, this was only done under the rules of war, never killing unless necessary and never showing any pleasure in their deaths.
- During a mission, he saved Kakashi from being killed by an enemy ninja.
- Accepted Hiruzen’s offer to help Kakashi overcome his bitterness from his father's death.
- He helped the remaining ninja defeat the Iwagakure force.
- Tried to rescue Kakashi and his team from the rock ninjas, only to see that Obito died.
- He helped Kakashi and Rin overcome the mission by destroying the bridge after mourning over Obito's death.
- Encouraged Raikage A to take care of Killer B and remember that he is a person.
- In the anime, he attempted to help Kakashi emerge from the darkness after the deaths of his father, Rin and Obito.
- As the Fourth Hokage, did his best to protect the village, teaching the Flying Thunder God to the Hokage Guard Platoon to better aid the Hokage at any time.
- Saved his newborn son, Naruto, from being killed by Tobi.
- After saving Naruto, went back and saved his wife Kushina from being killed by the nine tails and Tobi.
- Protected the Hidden Leaf Village from the Nine-Tailed Fox, teleporting one of his Tailed Beast Bombs before it could destroy the Hokage Rock.
- Stopped another tailed beast ball by summoning Gamabunta to keep it restrained.
- To stop the Nine-Tailed Fox, sacrificed himself by sealing half of Kurama's chakra with the Dead Demon Consuming Seal into his own body.
- Along with Kushina, he shielded their infant son from Kurama's attack.
- With his dying words, he asked Hiruzen to please have the village view Naruto as a hero instead of the container of the Nine-Tailed Fox that destroyed the village.
- While he did seal Kurama into his son which turned him into an outcast in the village and caused him to endure a terrible childhood, it was only done because he believed Naruto was the Child of Prophecy and that Naruto would be able to master Kurama's power.
- Just before Naruto gives in to despair and undoes the seal, Minato arrives to stop him and saves him from unleashing Kurama.
- Sincerely apologizes to Naruto for sealing Kurama into Naruto, acknowledging the pain that Naruto went through in his child and accepting responsibility for his actions.
- Though he learns that Nagato killed his master and destroyed the Hidden Leaf Village, shows no resentment towards Nagato, instead viewing him as a symptom of the shinobi system and seeing that he's been taken advantage of by Tobi.
- Replaces the seal on Kurama, expressing his faith in Naruto before passing on.
- In the anime, when Naruto loses control after his clone absorbs the Nine-Tails' chakra, he appears before him again to restore the seal, once again voicing his belief in Naruto's ability to overcome any adversary.
- After he and the other Hokage get reanimated by Orochimaru, he detects Naruto's chakra and is glad to sense he has gained full control of the Nine-Tails.
- When resurrected, along with the other four Hokage, he manages to convince Sasuke not to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village and aid in the Fourth Shinobi World War.
- He saves Naruto and the Allied Forces by teleporting the Ten Tails' Tailed Beast Bomb.
- When learning that Tobi is actually his student Obito, Minato is deeply shocked and saddened by this revelation. Then, when Obito is seemingly killed, Minato somberly states that he would've wanted Obito to become Hokage.
- He forgives Kurama for killing both him and Kushina, working alongside him and using his power during the fight with Obito.
- Holds no hatred towards Obito for attacking the Hidden Leaf Village and killing both him and Kushina, instead choosing to place blame on himself for not having recognized Obito when he first encountered Obito as "Tobi" and believing himself to be responsible for how the ninja world turned out.
- Attempts to reason with Obito, reminding him of his dream to become Hokage and asks him why he chose to start the war.
- He is willing to hear Obito's point of view and wanted to apologize to him for his own loss.
- Expresses guilt over not having been able to save Rin, agreeing with Obito that he failed to be there when it mattered most.
- When Kakashi prepares to kill Obito, Minato stops him, having sensed Obito's change of heart and urging Kakashi to talk to Obito instead.
- Tries to talk Guy out of using the Eighth Gate, knowing it would cost him his life, though reluctantly agrees when seeing the stakes.
- Assists Guy when fighting Madara by capturing several of his Truth Seeking Balls, giving Guy the opportunity to attack Madara.
- Along with the spirits of the other Kage, Minato summons Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, Madara and the tailed beasts back from Kaguya's dimension.
- Forgives Obito for all the atrocities he committed and the lives he took.
- After the war ended, congratulates Naruto for saving the world and wishes him a happy birthday before returning to the afterlife.
- Team Minato and Team Guy were both led by Pure Goods and had one of the three trainees to be deemed Pure Good (Rin and Rock Lee respectively), as well as one redeemed villain (Obito and Neji respectively).
|Naruto Pure Goods|