Mirio Togata, also known by his hero name Lemillion, is a major supporting hero in the manga and anime series, My Hero Academia. He is a prestigious student at U.A. High, and the leader of the Big Three, the three strongest hero students at U.A. High.
Mirio has a very goofy, joyful and energetic personality, and it is rare not to see him without a smile. He holds a very deep passion and determination to be a hero, spending countless hours training his seemingly useless quirk and mastering it to the point that it's one of the most powerful quirks in the world. He has very good control of his emotions and is very knowledgeable when it comes to hero protocol. Coupled with this drive to be a hero is his unyielding bravery, as he singlehandedly fought Overhaul, Chronostasis, Deidoro Sakaki, and Shin Nemoto all by himself. He is extremely selfless, sacrificing his quirk and knowingly throwing away his future as a hero all to protect Eri. Even after having his quirk erased, Mirio did not falter and continued to fight against Overhaul and his men for five minutes, giving the other heroes enough time to arrive and assist him.
Powers and Abilities
When he was a child and during his early years at U.A. High, Mirio was very inexperienced, and due to the complications of his quirk, many people believed that he wouldn't be able to make it far as a hero. However, after training for a year with Sir Nighteye, Mirio obtained complete mastery over his quirk. He is the leader of the Big 3, the three strongest students of U.A. High, and was actually considered by Eraserhead to be the top contender for the No. 1 spot, indicating he believed his abilities and charisma to be above even Hawks and Endeavor. All Might had also considered him a potential successor to One For All, and had he not met Izuku, that could've very well been the case. His quirk allows him to make any part of his body intangible at will, allowing any enemy hits to phase through him; this also makes guarding against his hits practically impossible. Along with his quirk, he has remarkable physical abilities, able to defeat every member of Class 1-A, barring Shoto and Katsuki, with a single hit to the stomach. His abilities also allowed him to easily overpower Overhaul and three of his top men, forcing them to sacrifice one of their quirk-destroying bullets in order to eliminate his quirk.
What makes him Pure Good?
- Unlike many other heroes or heroes-in-training, Mirio wants to become a hero out of the genuine desire to save people and plans to save one million people.
- He befriended Tamaki Amajiki when they were in elementary school, believing in his dream to be a hero and serving as an inspiration for Tamaki to become stronger and have more confidence in himself.
- He helped Izuku by telling him about internships and even offering him a spot at Sir Nighteye's internship.
- Though he did leave Eri in the hands of Kai Chisaki instead of trying to rescue her when he and Izuku first met her, it was only because he knew then wasn't the right time to attack (as he noticed Chisaki about to get violent and attempt to kill them) and in order to bide time for a better opportunity to save her. However, Mirio still felt extremely guilty in abandoning her, falling into a deep sadness and vowing to save her the next time.
- During the Shie Hassakai Raid, Mirio rescues Eri and fights alone against Overhaul and his top soldiers all in order to protect Eri, vowing to her he'd never let her down again.
- Mirio shielded Eri from a quirk-destroying bullet, sacrificing his quirk in order to protect Eri all-while smiling to reassure her.
- Even after losing his quirk, Mirio refused to give up the fight and continued battling against Overhaul and his men for a full five minutes, giving Sir Nighteye and Deku the time to arrive and help save Eri.
- Despite being saddened by his mentor's death, Mirio continued to smile and remain optimistic all to honor his dead mentor's teachings and to not make Eri sad.
- Mirio refused Izuku's offer to receive One For All since it would cause Izuku to endure hardships.
- Along with Izuku, he took Eri to the school festival and managed to make Eri smile.
- Upon seeing Eri smile, Mirio is driven to tears of joy and smiles along with her.
- He spent the time he was quirkless being there for Eri and helping her adjust to new life at U.A. High.
- After regaining his quirk thanks to Eri's assistance, Mirio went to the front lines of the Paranormal Liberation War, fending off against the High-End Nomu and allowing Best Jeanist to restrain Gigantomachia uninterrupted.