Momo Yaoyorozu is a major supporting character in the 2016 manga/anime series, My Hero Academia. She is the vice president of Class 1-A and friendly rival to Itsuka Kendo, the representative of Class 1-B.
She is voiced by Marina Inoue in the Japanese dub and Collen Clinkenbeard in the English dub.
What Makes Her Pure Good?
- She first started out as too serious, a bit arrogant, and cold at the beginning. However, said corrupting factors subverted as she progressed and developed in the series, as well as becoming more kind to her fellow classmates.
- Before, she was disappointed about Iida taking in position as the representative of the class by Izuku. But she is still in friendly terms with him as she got along with everyone by then.
- Despite harshly criticizing Katsuki, Ochako, and importantly Izuku's performance in the Battle Trials, it was not out of spite nor sheer coldness as she was trying to evaluate what they did wrong and was mostly trying to get everyone to become better in the term of what a hero means.
- Also despite her behavior towards Mineta, similar to Tsuyu, she still treats him as a friend equally, despite his perverted antics, only showing irritation towards him whenever he attempts to spy on her or the other girls.
- Protected and fought alongside Kyoka and Denki amongst numerous villains when the League of Villains attacked the U.S.J.
- Helped and assisted Todoroki in the Final Exam against their battle with their homeroom teacher, Aizawa. At first she felt she wasn't of any help, but as soon as Shoto encourages her and Aizawa evaluating her instincts in battle, her self-confidence was restored and becomes more kinder yet determined to her path as a hero.
- When the Vanguard Action Squad attacked and caused a poison gas leak around the forest, she created gas masks to save those who breathed in the gas.
- She expresses frustration at not being able to do anything more to assist the police in rescuing Katsuki, causing All Might to remark that those emotions are proof she's worthy of being called a hero.
- She put a tracker attached to the Chainsaw Nomu with the help from Yosetsu's Weld. This leads her to indirectly save Bakugo with the help from Izuku, Iida, Kirishima, and Todoroki once they found the hideout where the Nomus were stored, as well as allowing the police and All Might to find the warehouse with the Nomu and All For One.
- In the Provisional License Exam Arc, she has guided and saved Kyoka, Tsuyu, and Shoji when Saiko and the rest of the Seiai students attacked them under some methods that seem unheroic like.
- Has helped guided her classmates into saving bystander actors while being very careful around the situation. Even stopped Ochako when she knew there are things to be very cautious about being a hero in the future.
- In the Joint Training Arc, she guided and assisted Tokoyami, Hagakure, and Aoyama in battle when they were up against her rival Kendo, Kinoko, Kuroiro, and Manga. Even when nearly defeated by Kendo, she never gave up and continued to battle under her own determination.
- Has guided and lead both Class 1A and Class 1B into stopping Gigantomachia and the rest of the League from ever reaching the city as she created numerous sedatives to put the giant to sleep. While her efforts made in time when it arrived in battle where Shigaraki was located only, it still caused Gigantomachia to be arrested.
- Along with the rest of her classmates, she visits Shoto in the hospital to give him emotional support.
- She holds the grieving Mina in her arms as she continues to cry over the death of Midnight.
- Tried to safely capture Deku alongside her other classmates, worried for his safety and condition after he left U.A.
- Despite the series' high admirable standard, she still stands out for her own resources and given skills in leadership as stated by Shoto Todoroki at his thoughts upon voting for her as the class' representative. Even in comparison to Tenya Iida, Midnight also states she'd make a great leader one day as said.