Naruto Uzumaki is the main protagonist of the Naruto franchise, as well as one of the titular and supporting characters of the spin-off series, Boruto: Naruto Next Generations.
He is voiced by Junko Takeuchi in the Japanese version of the anime, by Maile Flanagan in the English version of the anime, and by Kathryn Feller in the English version of Rock Lee and his Ninja Pals.
This section is too long. Visit here for more details: Naruto Uzumaki's Synopsis on the Heroes Wiki.
Naruto was a very loud-mouthed, boisterous, arrogant unorthodox person in his youth, traits that caused irritation to those around him. Despite this, Naruto is said to have a personality that draws people towards him and allows him to befriend people rather easily. Naruto is decisively head-strong, having adopted his nindo to never give up and continue fighting against all the odds. He cares very deeply about his friends and his village, and becomes very vengeful whenever one of his friends or loved ones is hurt or killed.
As he grows up, he begins to understand the value of others and how they've affected his life. He also begins to lose the vengeful and hateful side of him after understanding his enemies better and more actively wants to help them. He also wishes to put an end to the cycle of hatred that has afflicted the Shinobi world.
Powers and Abilities
Though Naruto was initially labelled a loser and a weakling in his youth, he eventually honed his abilities and became exponentially stronger. Due to possessing the power of Kurama, his strength and speed can be enhanced by several levels. After having learned how to gather nature energy through Sage mode, his abilities are only increased further, and after he learns how to combine Sage Mode with Kurama's power, the power is multiplied and gives him an even greater boost. After having been given the power of Six Paths from the Sage of Six Paths himself, Naruto reaches an entirely new level of strength that makes him one of the most powerful shinobi in existence.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- Despite being neglected and rejected by the village as a child due to being the jinchuriki for the Nine-Tailed Fox, Naruto never became bitter and still remained optimistic throughout his childhood.
- During the Land of Waves arc, after Haku sacrificed himself to protect Zabuza, he claimed that Haku was nothing but a tool. Naruto tearfully told him how much Haku meant to Zabuza and how much he sacrificed for him, causing Zabuza to break down crying and subsequently redeeming himself by stopping Gato's men and allowing the bridge to be built.
- Naruto fights Neji during the Chunin exams and makes him realize that a person can overcome destiny and become special through hard work, changing Neji and making him kinder towards Hinata.
- He risked his life to protect Sakura against Gaara despite being afraid of the sand ninja.
- After their fight, Naruto talks to Gaara, talking about his similar lonely past and why he fights for his friends. These words of kindness touch Gaara and allow him to redeem himself.
- Despite having a crush on Sakura, he respects her feelings of love toward Sasuke and still does whatever he can to make her happy while tolerating her violent behavior towards him.
- Naruto helps Tsunade to become a better person and stops her from sacrificing two innocents to have Orochimaru bring back her lover and her younger brother by inspiring her and protecting her from Kabuto.
- After Sasuke left the village to join Orochimaru, Naruto immediately goes after him. When Sakura begs Naruto to bring Sasuke back to the village, despite internally hurting at knowing how much more Sakura cares for Sasuke, Naruto smiles and promises to bring Sasuke back for her.
- Despite having failed to bring Sasuke back, Naruto is still determined to do whatever it takes to bring Sasuke home and refuses to give up on him.
- When Gaara is kidnapped by the Akatsuki, Naruto doesn't hesitate to go after him and rescue Gaara from the Akatsuki.
- After Gaara has Shukaku extracted from him and is subsequently killed, Naruto tearfully mourns his death and states how unfair it was to have put Shukaku into Gaara in the first place. His words and previous actions inspire Lady Chiyo to transfer her life into Gaara, sacrificing herself in the process, which is something that Temari notes she would've never done before and only did because Naruto managed to change her.
- During their mission to find Sasuke, Naruto manages to convince Sai, the newest member of Team 7, to understand the value of friendship and emotions and convinces him to change.
- When reuniting with Sasuke, Naruto attempts to reason with Sasuke and convince him to return to the village while expressing his regret over not being able to save Sasuke before. When Sasuke leaves with Orochimaru, Naruto breaks down over his repeated failure to bring Sasuke back to the village.
- When the Hidden Leaf Village is attacked by Pain, Naruto fights the leader of the Akatsuki and puts his life on the line to protect the village.
- Despite wanting to kill Nagato for destroying the Hidden Leaf Village and killing many villagers, Naruto ultimately decides to spare him to break the cycle of hatred and because it is what Jiraiya would've wanted.
- After talking with Nagato, Naruto gets Nagato to regain hope in humanity and remind him of who he once was on his mission to create true peace in the ninja world. His words manage to change Nagato and get him to redeem himself by sacrificing his life to undo the deaths caused in his attack.
- Through his words, Naruto gets Nagato to revive all of the Hidden Leaf villagers killed in the attack, thereby making him indirectly responsible for resurrecting all of the fallen villagers.
- Though he said he wouldn't forgive Nagato, Naruto eventually does forgive him despite Nagato having killed his master.
- When Naruto discovers that Sasuke joined the Akatsuki and attacked the Hidden Cloud Village and kidnapped Killer B, the eight-tails jinchuriki, the cloud ninja interrogate him and demand to know more about Sasuke. However, Naruto refuses to sell out Sasuke and instead offers himself to be used as a vent for their hatred, taking a brutal beating to protect Sasuke.
- Naruto goes to the Fourth Raikage and begs him to forgive Sasuke to protect his friend and to stop the cycle of vengeance from starting, getting on his knees and bowing his head while crying heavily. When Naruto fails, he slams the ground and continues to sob.
- When Obito meets with Naruto, Obito mocks Naruto for thinking he can change Sasuke, believing Nagato only changed because he was easily manipulated. Naruto actually defends Nagato by saying that even though his methods were different, he still wanted peace.
- Even after having learned of Sasuke attacking the Five Kage Summit and seeing how much deeper into darkness he's fallen, when talking with Sasuke, he still carries the hope that he can change and still tries to talk to Sasuke. When Sasuke says the only way to end this is to fight and kill one or the other, Naruto says that he would die right alongside him.
- Naruto goes to the island of Genbu to learn how to control the power of the Nine-Tailed Fox, and during his training, he confronts his inner darkness which manifests as a dark clone of himself who is still bitter over the way the village tormented him for so long but suddenly changed their attitude after he saved the village from Pain. Naruto embraces this dark clone, overpowering his inner darkness with love and compassion and thanking this dark Naruto for inspiring him to become better.
- Naruto forgives the village for all the pain they put him through in his childhood.
- When Kisame decides to commit suicide and take all the secrets of the Akatsuki with him, Naruto is shocked by Kisame's resolve to not sell out his comrades and actually respects him for it.
- When learning about the Fourth Great Ninja War, Naruto doesn't hesitate to leave the island and go fight alongside his comrades to protect them and is determined to carry the burden and hatred of the world on his shoulders.
- Before going to fight in the war, Naruto talks with Kurama, and despite his attempts to demoralize Naruto and remind him of his failure to change Sasuke, Naruto doesn't yield and actually tells Kurama that he'll come after Kurama's hatred one day as well.
- Naruto aids in multiple battles of the Fourth Great Ninja War against the revived shinobi and saves many lives.
- When Naruto fights Obito and all of the undead jinchuriki with their respective tailed beasts, Naruto meets with the four-tailed beast, Son Goku, empathizing with his pain and expressing the desire to help the tailed beasts while also commenting how he wishes he could have a good relationship with Kurama. His words inspire Son to help Naruto, who also tells the other tailed beasts of Naruto and thereby gaining their trust as well.
- During the fight with Obito, Kurama finally decides to let go of his hatred, having been inspired by Naruto's determination to never give up throughout his life and his desire to help the tailed beasts. Naruto removes the seal, allowing him and Kurama to finally work together as a team.
- Naruto leads the Allied Shinobi Forces in the fight against Obito, Madara and the Ten-Tails, giving them his chakra while inspiring them to continue fighting.
- When fighting Obito, Naruto looks into Obito's memories and his tragic past and actually sheds tears for Obito.
- Naruto attempts to talk with Obito and states how similar they are, empathizing with his situation. Naruto then offers Obito a hand of support, wanting him to atone for his sins and join Naruto and the others. Though Obito initially rejects this and begins to choke Naruto, he still doesn't give up and tries to convince Obito not to abandon his previous identity and remember the person Rin cared about.
- Naruto's words, determination not to change who he is and his faith in friends all help to change Obito and make him switch sides, giving him the chance to redeem himself.
- When fighting Kaguya, Obito sacrifices himself and his final words to Naruto are for him to continue persevering and become Hokage. When Black Zetsu mocks Obito and calling him a cockroach, Naruto defends Obito and actually calls him awesome.
- Naruto forgives Obito, even though Obito is responsible for unleashing the Nine-tailed Fox onto the village, forcing his parents to sacrifice themselves and giving Minato no choice but to make Naruto a jinchuriki, starting the Fourth Great Ninja War and getting Neji killed. Naruto chooses to remember Obito for the person he was in his youth and the person who sacrificed himself for the sake of the shinobi world and actually admires him as that person.
- Naruto defeats Kaguya, stopping her from turning everyone on Earth into white zetsu.
- When Sasuke betrays Naruto and everyone else by capturing the tailed beasts and revealing his plan to kill all the current kage in order to start a new world, Naruto attempts to stop Sasuke and reveals that he still wants to hold onto the promise he made to Sakura to bring Sasuke back.
- During their final fight, Naruto continuously attempts to try and reason with Sasuke and make him remember the importance of the bonds he had with his friends and the village.
- Naruto finally manages to get Sasuke to change, and when Sasuke tells Naruto to give Kakashi his Rinnegan so he can die for all his sins, Naruto refuses and says that Sasuke can still change. His words touch Sasuke and cause him to cry.
- When Toneri attempts to destroy the Earth because of his belief that humanity is evil and their weaponization of chakra was wrong, Naruto goes to stop Toneri. Near the end of their fight, when Toneri is about to self-destruct due to the influx of chakra, Naruto decides to rescue him and saves his life even though he was prepared to destroy the Earth.
- After becoming the Seventh Hokage, Naruto serves as a wise and respectful leader to the Hidden Leaf Village, inspiring many young shinobi.
- Defeats Momoshiki Otsutsuki and stops his plans from creating a new God Tree, subsequently saving the Earth again.
- Naruto allows Orochimaru to continue his activities and research with only some surveillance even though Orochimaru attacked the Hidden Leaf Village, killed the Third Hokage, and partially led Sasuke down the road to vengeance, and maintains a cordial relationship with him.
- Naruto allowed Mitsuki, Orochimaru's son, to be a student at the Academy and live a normal life.
- Though Naruto initially had corrupting factors such as arrogance, mischief, vengeance and losing control of himself, throughout the story, Naruto eventually rids himself of all of these corrupting factors.
- Naruto on Heroes Wiki
- Naruto on Narutopedia
- Naruto (Part I) on Vs Battles Wiki
- Naruto (Part II) on Vs Battles Wiki
- Naruto (New Era) on Vs Battles Wiki
|Naruto Pure Goods|