|“||My parents always looked exhausted. It was rough. So when I first saw a hero in action what I really noticed were the expressions on everyone's faces. I love seeing people looking happy. So it was only natural that I'd want to help people who looked like they were in trouble, but it made it all the more difficult because it was only natural. When I saw him struggling with the odds stacked against him, it got me thinking, who protects the heroes when they need protecting?||„|
|~ Ochaco Uraraka in My Hero Academia chapter 212.|
|“||Dek- Izuku Midoriya has a special power in him!! You don't get it! He left the school in the first place because he didn't want to make trouble for anyone!! We were the ones who brought him back here! That power of his... yeah, it's really special! It's a power that exists to beat All For One! That's why they're after him! That's why he had to leave this place!! He left... and went through who knows what out there. Take a good look at him!! More than anyone, he wishes he can fix everything. You're looking at a guy who could be attacked at any second but continues to move forward anyway. So really, look at him! Please!! Special powers are one thing!! But there is no such thing as a special person!! That single step feels like an impossible journey. And I believe once someone takes that unlikely step and carves a path... the ultimate hero will rise up. One who surpasses Yagi. Yes, even All Might himself.||„|
|~ Ochaco calming down the mob by raising their hope towards Izuku.|
Ochaco Uraraka (麗日お茶子) is the first main heroine and one of the main characters in the manga and anime series, My Hero Academia. She is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero. She is one of Izuku Midoriya's closest friends and has a crush on him.
She is voiced by Ayane Sakura in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Luci Christian in the English version of the anime.
Unlike Izuku who is shown to be overthink situations or at times doubtful of himself, Uraraka is very cheerful. She is very confident in herself, friendly to her classmates and others and is dedicated to going to UA High. She is shown to deeply care for Izuku and would like to support him among the other teammates.
Powers and Abilities
Uraraka possesses a quirk that allows her to manipulate gravity. She can use her zero-gravity ability on her targets and send them flying into the air against gravity. Uraraka is also tactical in close-range battle as she can put up a challenge for those in a one-on-one battle.
What makes her Pure Good?
- She is shown to be loyal to UA High, her classmates, and her teammates.
- She is supportive of her classmates, especially Midoriya and Tenya.
- She does get jealous when other girls interact with Izuku. but is never rude to said girls.
- She saves Izuku from a devastating fall during the entrance exam instead of focusing on getting more points after he saved her from the zero-point robot.
- After the exam, Ochaco goes to talk to Present Mic and asks to give some of her points to Izuku in order to pay him back.
- She wants to help her parents have a better and easier life to be a hero and earn money.
- Fought bravely against Katsuki despite his superior skill, seriously injuring herself all to win and fulfill her dream of making money so her parents can live easier lives.
- She is concerned for Tenya after his brother was attacked by Stain, then goes with Izuku to tell him that they're always there to talk if he needed to.
- Tries to save Izuku from Tomura when Tomura was holding him captive at the mall (unaware Tomura had no intention of killing him).
- Saves Tsuyu from Himiko during the League of Villain's invasion of the training camp.
- Cheers for All Might as he fought All For One.
- Works alongside Tsuyu and Nejire to defeat Rikiya during the Yakuza invasion.
- Helps in the mission to save Eri.
- When told Overhaul would kill Izuku, she desperately tries to find a way to help Izuku while also helping Nighteye after he’d been mortally wounded by Overhaul.
- After Sir Nighteye's death, Ochaco beomes determined to save lives and ensure no one died on her watch like Nighteye did.
- Helps Izuku regain control of himself when he awakened Blackwhip during the Joint Training arc, preventing Izuku from unintentionally hurting anyone.
- Along with Class 1-A, she helps the citizens of Nabu Island with day-to-day activities and patrol.
- She helps evacuate citizens to a safe area while her classmates fought off Chimera.
- She participates in the plan to separate Nine's group and stop Nine from reaching Katsuma. Even when injured, she still rushes toward Nine to try and float him and restrict his movements.
- In the anime, she helps stop some drug smugglers and prevents a plane filled with drugs from falling into the ocean and contaminating the water.
- Saves two children and many other lives alongside Tsuyu during Gigantomachia's rampage and in the aftermath of the Paranormal Liberation War.
- Goes after Izuku and tired to safely capture him alongside her classmates, explicitly stating they were worried for him as his friends.
- As the citizens object to Izuku returning to UA High because of the belief Tomura is targeting him, she holds his hand while smiling and tells him not to worry.
- She took Present Mic's megaphone to speak to the crowd, defending Izuku for why he left and what he had to do, praising him as the ultimate hero. Ochaco's speech causes the crowd to ease their panic and begin to understand Izuku. Her words manage to deeply touch Izuku to the point he falls on the ground in tears, and also moves Kota Izumi and the mutant woman he saved earlier to speak up for their savior and comfort him.