|“||Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.||„|
|~ Optimus expressing his beliefs in freedom and equality.|
Optimus Prime, originally known as Orion Pax, is the main protagonist of the popular Transformers franchise. He leads the heroic Autobots against the Decepticons, led by his archenemy Megatron. He takes the form of a large truck
He is voiced by Peter Cullen, who has voiced the character in the cartoon Transformers:
Optimus Prime is a dedicated warrior who fights for freedom and peace across the galaxy. He is both solemn and serious, although willing to take part in human celebrations. Despite all the destruction and death the Decepticons and specifically Megatron have caused, Optimus still believes they can change as he believes every being possess the capability to do so.
Values all life and strong willed enough not to kneel to tyranny.
Committed to his leadership and peace.
A reluctant warrior because he is plagued by self-doubt and his pacifism but is willing to lay down his life for the Autobot cause.
He is a brave, inspirational leader
Powers and Abilities
Being a Cybertronian, his main transformation disguise is a Kenworth K1000 cab-over truck. With his vehicle mode, he can drive at very high speed which he can use to send enemies flying when he rams them.
His main melee weapon is an Energon axe, he also carries in chest, a mystical artifact of Cybertron called the Matrix of Leadership, which all Autobot leaders who came before him had carried.
What makes him Pure Good?
- He believes in the good in everyone.
- He bravely leads his Autobots in battle.
- Offers redemption to those who are disillusioned with the Decepticon cause not knowing if its right.
- Spares Megatron's life a couple of times despite the losses that he has caused.
- Treats Earth as his home despite wishing to retake Cybertron from the Decepticons.
- He never abandons his fellow Autobots to fate.
- Willing to sacrifice his life to save what he cares for, human or Autobot.
- When he was passing the Matrix of Leadership to Ultra Magnus on his deathbed, Optimus told him that he wasn't ready for the role of leadership either.
- Willing to partake in human events or pastimes.
- Despite being revived and brainwashed by the Quintessons to lead the Autobots into a trap, he successfully broke free of the brainwashing and sacrificed himself to destroy the trap, saving the entire Autobot fleet.
- Stopped the Hate Plague and brokered a temporary truce with Galvatron and the Decepticons