NOTE: This page is only about his book version as his 2010 film version was not voted as Pure Good; thus, only his book version's acts be put here.
This Pure Good was headlined on November, 2021.
|“||Am I a troubled kid? Yeah, you could say that.||„|
|~ Percy about himself in the first book.|
|“||I think I am the son of Poseidon.||„|
|~ Percy to Luke, making a trident via Hydrokinesis.|
Perseus "Percy" Jackson (also known as Percy, or Percy Jackson) is the titular main protagonist of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians book series by Rick Riordan, serving as one of the main characters in it's sequel book series The Heroes of Olympus, a supporting character in the second sequel series The Trials of Apollo and a guest character in Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard.
He is the son of Poseidon, the God of the Sea. He was initially an outcast growing up, and his step-father Gabe constantly belittled him. However, he learned from his friend Grover about his identity as a demi-god, and was taken to Camp Half-Blood to be trained as a hero. From there, he would fight multiple monsters and learn what it means to be a hero.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- He advises Annabeth to give living with her dad and stepmom one last chance.
- He broke the cycle of half-blood arrogance, after learning what Hercules did to Zoe.
- Inviting Nico to join in with his birthday party, after realizing that he probably hadn't been to one in his entire life.
- He doesn't care about power, money, fame, or any other temptation that Kronos throws his way.
- At one point he had both Zeus's Master Bolt and Hades' Helm of Darkness in his possession and didn't even think of the immense power this would give him.
- Throughout the entire series, Percy is never tempted to make the choice to turn against the Olympians, even when they were being Jerkass Gods to him; the closest he ever gets is when he thinks about how releasing Hope from Pandora's Pithos would stop the war and bloodshed Kronos was causing.
- He also has a tendency to make peace with the people he loses and move on, which is something that many demigods are incapable of doing. In The Demigod Files, Percy, Thalia and Nico encounter Melinoe, the goddess of ghosts. While Thalia and Nico are swayed by her power, Melinoe is shocked by how Percy has literally no one whose death he is haunted by.
- He never excuses the wrongdoings of any demigod or even god which is more questionable deeds of his father such as taking revenge on Minos by having his wife fall in love with the sacrificial bull or raping Demeter in horse-form in both Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes and Percy Jackson's Greek Gods.
- When given the opportunity to become a God by Zeus as reward for saving Olympus and the world from Kronos, the Titans, and other hostile creatures, Percy rejects the offer after thinking about his deceased allies (even Luke, who redeemed himself before his death); and instead requests that Hades and every minor God should have a cabin for their kids at Camp Half-Blood, so people like Nico feel welcomed at the camp. This is given that he is very empathetic towards those, like Nico, who feel like outcasts due to their God parents lacking a cabin for them to stay in, and puts the needs of others first.
- Help Frank and Hazel retrieve the Legions Eagle and became a hero to Rome.
- Saved a harpy named Ella from Phineas.
- He helped the Gods and the other members of the Seven to defeat the Giants.
- He later helped Apollo in a few small favors to regain his godhood.