Robin Hood is the titular main protagonist of Disney's 21st full-length animated feature film of the same name. He is based on the legendary character of English literature, who stole from the rich to feed the poor. He is Little John's best friend, Lady Marian's husband and Prince John's archenemy.
He was voiced by the late Brian Bedford.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- He almost sacrificed himself to save all of England from the tyranny of Prince John.
- He would also have agreed not to marry Maid Marian to make her happy.
- Although he was captured and sentenced to death, he still kept the King Richard name.
- He gives away everything he has to help England.
- Though he stole riches, it was for a noble cause and he was never seen robbing those who didn't deserve it.
- He broke the people of Nottingham out of jail and returned their unjustly taken money.
- He is the first Disney fox to be Pure Good (the second being Tod).
- Robin Hood is a rare example of a heroic criminal that maintains conventional heroic qualities, as most of them are anti-heroes.