|“||Everyone, be careful!||„|
|~ Shuichi to the remaining students behind him in the Death Road to Despair.|
Shuichi Saihara is the true main protagonist of Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.
He is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara in the Japanese version and by Grant George in the English version.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- He is very shown to be selfless and truthful to others and he cares about their lives, even if they are hostile or mean towards him.
- He helped his uncle work as his assistant in his detective agency (despite the fact that he doesn't want to be a detective).
- He helped one of his classmates to find the pet alligator.
- Even though he solved a case that the police did, he felt guilty for what he did to the victim and felt everything was his fault because he exposed the truth.
- While he does get angry a few times in the series, he learns to control it.
- Both him and Kaito are the only once who didn't blame and supported Kaede leadership.
- He went to Kaede's dorm and told her that the tunnel was a trap and it wasn't her fault that everyone turned on her.
- Him and Kaede tries to expose the mastermind in the library by putting on camera's made by miu.
- When he realized that Kaede killed Rantaro, he refused to speak and tell the truth because he doesn't want to condemn his friend causing everyone to be suspicious of him.
- He proves everyone that Kaede is the culprit causing everyone to be in utter disbelief.
- After the class trial ended, he blame himself for coming to the deduction that the mastermind would be in the library and giving Kaede that idea.
- When Kaede dies, he cried four times over her demise.
- He made a vow to not look away from the truth anymore and believe in himself for Kaede.
- He is showed to be scared of revealing the truth to everyone.
- While he does lie in class trials, this was only out of necessity and shows remorse for it afterwards.
- Him and Kaito were the only once who didn't suspect Maki about meeting Ryoma at nighttime.
- He rooted Kirumi to escape Monokuma's execution.
- When Himiko get downed for being accused, he motivated her telling her that if she gives up now, she will betray Tenko's memory and that everyone is keeping the dead people promised.
- He was forced to accused Gonta because he can't do it in just believes and has to reveal the truth to save everyone.
- Despite being completely for the truth, he is still very saddened to have to condemn someone kind-hearted as Gonta.
- He didn't blame Gonta and forgives him for what he did.
- While he did say that nobody would care if Kokichi died, he does seem to somewhat regret saying that at the end of chapter 5.
- Describes Kokichi as the embodiment of a lie and calls Ouma his friend at the final scene.
- He is one of the people who believed Kokichi's last words as he points out in the last trial that Ouma’s plan makes no sense if he really did have bad intentions.
- After Kaito died, he was thankful to him for everything he's done and vowed to carry on his will and end the killing game.
- He re-opened the first case trial because he found hidden clues that proves Kaede was falsely accused and wasn't the one who killed Rantaro.
- He exposes Tsumugi the mastermind for killing Rantaro and blaming everything on Kaede.
- He decided to stop playing along and abandons his vote, hoping to end Danganronpa because neither choice is correct and that choosing hope would do nothing but cause the killing game to continue.
- He convinces everyone else to abandon their vote to stop the killing game.
- He motivated the outside world that their lives are not just show-things for their amusement.
- He was the reason why everyone survived in the trials.
- While he may discipline others, he only learns them right from wrong and does it for good reasons even, when he is actually telling the truth to them.
- Lacks any corruption qualities or prevention.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony