Stanley "Caveman" Yelnats IV is the main protagonist of the 1998 novel Holes, as well as the 2003 live-action Disney film of the same name.
He is a teenager who was framed for stealing g a pair of shoes, with him and his family having a curse from Madame Zeroni a long time ago.
In the 2003 film, he was portrayed by Shia LaBouf.
What Makes Him Pure Goods?
- Despite being sent camp, he accepted staying there until he got released once his name was cleared.
- Despite the campers being mean, he is very friendly and supportive towards them, and even helped them.
- He cared for Zero, as he went to find him when he ran away into the desert.
- He showed sympathy for Zero when he listened to his tragic backstory.
- He stood up to for Zero, and refused to leave him.
- He helped lifted his family's curse, by taking Zero the the Big Thumb, something his great great grandfather failed to do with Zero’s great great grandmother that brought about the curse in the first place.
- He helped Zero to find the hidden treasure Kissin Kate Barlow has hidden it.
- He forgave Zero when the latter revealed to have accidentally stolen the shoes and got Stanley framed for it.
- When Louise Walker begged him to help her from going to back to prison, he stands up to her after putting up with her for too long.
Books and Manga