Valka is a major character of the How to Train Your Dragon animated franchise. She is the deuteragonist of How to Train Your Dragon 2, and a major character of How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World. She is the wife of Stoick, and the mother of Hiccup.
She was voiced by Cate Blanchett.
What Makes Her Pure Good?
- On Berk, she tried to stop the people of Berk from killing dragons, believing that peace was possible between humans and dragons.
- She is willing to protect baby Hiccup, and when she realized the dragon wasn't attacking him, she didn't fight it.
- Though she did abandon Hiccup and Stoick, it was only done out of good intentions because she believed that they would be better off without her, and spent that time rescuing dragons.
- Furthermore, she came to realize she was wrong for leaving her family alone, sincerely apologizing to Hiccup for abandoning him.
- During the time she spent away from Berk, she constantly rescued dragons from Drago's trappers and gave them a home at the dragon sanctuary.
- She helped Hiccup and Toothless learn new skills to help them in their flying.
- She protected and rescued countless dragons from Drago and his Trappers.
- When Drago attacked the Dragon Sanctuary, she tried to save the dragons from them.
- After Stoick's death, she comforted her son by saying that he was the only one who could bring the worlds of dragons and Vikings together.
- She assisted Hiccup and the Dragon Riders in freeing caged dragons from the Dragon Trappers.
- She helps in the fight against Grimmel and the Warlords, defeating them and preventing them from enslaving any more dragons.