Walter Beckett is the deuteragonist in the 2019 Blue Sky Studios’ film, Spies in Disguise. He is a young scientist at the same agency Lance works at, whose non-violent (yet still effective) gadgets are ridiculed by fellow scientists and agents alike. Lance turns to him to make him "disappear" after he gets framed.
What Makes Him Pure Good?
- In a scene where Sterling wanted to use bombs out of lethal force, he replaced it with kitten-glitter explosions out of pure pacifism which indirectly saved many Japanese criminals and Sterling himself.
- Sought to save the world from Killian and prove that Sterling is not the evil terrorist that Killian incriminated the aforementioned as.
- When Sterling threatened violence toward Kimura in an attempt to get him to talk, Walter used a truth serum device.
- Placed a tracker to keep track of Killian.
- Releases Sterling from distress of Killian's cuffed chair.
- In a moral dilemma of two options "Save himself and let Killian die" or "Use the inflatable hug to save Killian yet putting himself at risk", he chooses the latter proving he's not a killer which also deactivated the drones saving lots of innocent lives and the entire world.