Zummi Gummi is a character from Disney's 1985-91 television series Adventures of the Gummi Bears. He is Gummi Glen's resident Gummi Wizard, as well as the Glen's "Keeper of Gummi Wisdom", who puts a great amount of time in unlocking the secrets of the The Great Book of Gummi using a Gummi Medallion given to him by Cavin.
Though absent-minded, his powers and knowledge from the Great Book have come into handy at various points throughout the series.
He was voiced by the late Paul Winchell for the first five seasons and by Jim Cummings for the final season.
What makes him Pure Good?
- Zummi never uses his magic to harm or kill enemies like Duke Igthorn, only to defeat them and foil their plans.
- He and the other Gummis helped Cavin and Princess Calla defeat Duke Igthorn multiple times in his attempt to take over Castle Dunwyn.
- He outsmarted the evil wizard Zorlok without resorting to violence, rather with an obscure detail that Gummi Magic can not harm other Gummi Wizards.
- When the Great Book of Gummi was destroyed, he vowed to travel to Ursalia to obtain a new copy. Though he failed to obtain a new copy, he was able to successfully restore the old one with a magic bookmark he found on the adventure.
- He and the Gummis helped Cavin free King Gregor, Princess Calla, and Gregor's knights and ousted Duke Igthorn from Dunwyn.